Re: "gconf-editor" icon missing from menu? (wheezy)

Camale?n, 15.08.2011:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:52:42 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:41:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> >
> >> I've just realized my wheezy has lost an icon from the menu: "gconf-
> >> editor" is not there anymore while the binary file is still present and
> >> can be launched as expected.
>
> (...)
>
> > Not sure what you are driving at here.
>
> Nothing serious, is just that I missed an icon from the menu.
>
> > Presumably there will be a "dconf- editor" for GNOME3 but I have
> > abandoned GNOME in favour of LXDE anyway.
>
> Yes, but as "gconf-editor" is still there, why to remove the icon? If it
> is intended, it's okay, if not, something wrong has happened.
>
> > But you are knowledgeable enough to have a look in /usr/share/
> > applications to see what is what.
>
> Well, I don't care about what to do nor how to restore it (I already know
> that), I was asking if this has been experienced by anyone else. If no, I
> will report it.

When you say icon, you mean the whole menu item (icon + name), right?

I am using sid.  Just checked and it's missing from my menu too, while
the binary still exists.

I can restore it by going to "System->Main Menu" and checking the relevant
box.  (No idea why it got unchecked.)