Re: setting up a static IP address

On 08/15/2011 05:19 PM, Steve Kleene wrote:
I asked my organization to assign me a static IP address within their
network, and they obliged.  The problem is that every time I boot now, I
still get the old address in DHCP space that I had before.  To make the
change, I provided network operations with my MAC address, which I got from
the output of ifconfig -a:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr aa:00:04:00:0a:04

All I did at my end to set this up was to change /etc/network/interfaces to
the following:

   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback

   # The primary network interface
   allow-hotplug eth0
Comment out allow-hotplug eth0 as you have auto eth0 there as well. Then reboot and see if that solves the problem.