Re: Running a script on monitor connect/disconnect

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:03:07 +0200, Ralf Jung wrote:

> I am having trouble getting my multi-monitor setup running properly
> using the proprietary AMD drivers in Debian testing using XRandR. My
> hardware is an HP Compaw 615 Laptop, with a Radeon HD 3200 graphics
> card. I am using KDE 4.6.5. I want the external screen, if it is
> connected, to be to the right of my internal laptop screen, both using
> their native resolution. I quickly found out that no GUI will be of any
> help here...

(...)

Just a quick note here. Not sure if you have tried with "krandrtray" or
better yet, as you are using the ATI closed drivers, you may test their
catalyst control center utility to handle video screens (resolution/
position, etc...).

I bet with the open radeon drivers this would be very easy to achieve...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón