Re: Squeeze rotating cursor blinks

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 19:19:05 +0200, Tomas Kral wrote:

> Just noticed an interesting fact about cursor on Squeeze.
>
> The rotating cursor, showing when an app is busy, is actually blinking
> at intervals.

It also blinks (appears/disappears) sometimes/randomly for me (wheezy)...
maybe this is something related with the VGA driver in use, in my case,
intel.

> This does not show with Lenny, where it is steady rotating, this happens
> only with Squeeze.
>
> I remember there used to be a parameter during install whereby I could
> give desktop applications extra performance boost over background tasks.

I'm not aware of such parameter during install :-?

> Not sure if this could be the reason for the cursor blinking.

There are some options you can tweak to control the behaviour of the
jumping/bouncing icon when clicking over icons to run applications but I
don't think this is going to have any effect over the "blinking" issue...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón