Re: Problem getting php5-mysql to work

On 09/08/11 02:52, Aniruddha wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Aniruddha<mailingdotlist@gmail.com>  wrote:
I run Debian Squeeze. The problem appears to be that modules aren�t'
automatically loaded.

Not "automatically"... a2enmod

<snipped>

When I copy mysql.ini and curl.ini to the right directory all works
fine. I wonder what the official procedure is to enable php modules. I
couldn�t' find a  good explanation in
/usr/share/doc/php5/README.Debian.gz either. Where can I find more
info?

/usr/share/documents/php5-common/NEWS-Debian.gz (for a bit about userdirs and /public_html)

man php
man php5
man php-cgi
man php5-cgi
info php
info php5
# apt-get install php-doc

cp /etc/php5/conf.d/mysql.ini  /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/
cp /etc/php5/conf.d/curl.ini /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/

# dpkg-reconfigure php5-curl

I run virtual servers for each user and I suspect you are just running a server/servers from /var/www with apache running as www-data - so much of your configuration will be different.

Go through the main packages you installed reconfiguring them one-by-one using dpkg-reconfigure. Also check the

--
“… We live in a world where John Lennon was murdered, yet Barry Manilow continues to put out albums. Dammit! If you're gonna kill somebody, have some taste. I'll drive you to Kenny Rogers' house.”
~ Bill Hicks