Re: Best linux Distro 2011

Hello List:

On 08/08/11 19:30, Chris Brennan wrote:
On 8/8/2011 11:36 AM, shawn wilson wrote:
I would have gone with slackware. But that's just me. :)

Slackware is a great way to learn Linux without many 'isms to worry
about. Slackware 4.x/5.x was my first distro to try on my own and I used
it for a very long time. It taught me the fundamental basics of what I
needed to know about compiling software and it's dependencies. It's
something I do recommend to people who want to aggressively learn Linux
without the overhead of learning how a specific OS does something.
Granted I haven't used Slackware since 9.1 so I have no idea how much
has changed since then...

Why have you switched to Debian ?

Jerome