Re: rhythmbox converting files to ogg

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 18:26:11 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:

> I have a bunch of music in encoded in flac.  When I drag the files in
> rhythmbox to my Sansa Clip player, rhythmbox converts them to mp3.  I
> want them to be converted to ogg.  I have my preferred format set to ogg
> in rhythmbox's preferences.
> Any suggestions on how to get rhythmbox to convert flac to ogg on the
> fly when I drag songs to my player?  I'm running Squeeze.

I've never used that option before but have you tried to drop the files
into another folder? I mean, a plain folder, not your sansa player.

I say this because Rhythmbox could be automatically detecting the player
and making its magic in background (and thus converting into mp3 without
asking the user nor reading the settings...).