Re: thread issue

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 21:12 +0800, lina wrote:
> I noticed when make -j 8, the 8 cores can be fully occupied.
>
> can I use some way to enable 8 cores at the same time when I run
> something, such as a bash script?

Not sure what you really want to do, but GNU/parallel [0] might be of interest. It
has unfortunately not yet been packaged for Debian as it conflicts with a
binary of the same name in the moreutils package. [1]

Also an often overlooked tool called "nproc" combines nicely with parallel, as
it returns the number of usable cores. (think "-j $(nproc)") ... but what are
you really trying to parallelise?

[0] http://www.gnu.org/s/parallel/
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC