Re: S-Video on Debian

Dear Brian,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 01:39:40PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> The changelog for xserver-xorg-video-intel documents bug fixes for
> TV-OUT made a few years ago. Nothing else since.
>
> >         mode:   NTSC-M
> >                 supported: NTSC-M       NTSC-443     NTSC-J       PAL-M
> >                            PAL-N        PAL          480p@59.94Hz 480p@60Hz
> >                            576p         720p@60Hz    720p@59.94Hz 720p@50Hz
> >                            1080i@50Hz   1080i@60Hz   1080i@59.94H
>
> The default TV standard is NTSC-M, which is ok if the television is
> built for it. Otherwise
>
>    xrandr --output TV1 --set mode PAL

Even this didn't help. Strangely, the TV standard isn't even defined
in my case; there has to be a driver issue.

I'll try getting fresh drivers from Intel asand building them this
weekend to see if that does me some good.

Thanks for the help!

Kumar
--
Are Linux users lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?