Re: S-Video on Debian

On Mon 01 Aug 2011 at 20:03:52 -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> Well, this didn't really send the computer screen to the TV. I'll
> proceed to the debugging information.

   xrandr --output TV1  --same-as LVDS --mode 800x600

may be an alternative command to use. Replace 'LVDS' with whatever your
active display is.

> Here are the graphics card details from lspci -vvv:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

The changelog for xserver-xorg-video-intel documents bug fixes for
TV-OUT made a few years ago. Nothing else since.

>         mode:   NTSC-M
>                 supported: NTSC-M       NTSC-443     NTSC-J       PAL-M
>                            PAL-N        PAL          480p@59.94Hz 480p@60Hz
>                            576p         720p@60Hz    720p@59.94Hz 720p@50Hz
>                            1080i@50Hz   1080i@60Hz   1080i@59.94H

The default TV standard is NTSC-M, which is ok if the television is
built for it. Otherwise

   xrandr --output TV1 --set mode PAL