Re: Debian6 netinstall CD cannot find Ethernet card on ThinkPad T420s.

2011-08-03 04:31, Sam Bell skrev:
*Debian 6 amd64 netinstall CD cannot find ethernet card on my ThinkPad
T420s, my ethernet card is Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet card.

Yes, see <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=626220> and <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624794>.

You could consider using the backported debian installer from <http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/> (I have never tried it, so I can not recommend it as such, only say that it could solve your problem), or installing testing (wheezy) or even unstable (sid) instead of stable.

/ johan