Re: GDM3's prejudiced against a picture of me

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:32:58 +0100, Alan wrote in message
<[🔎] 4E378C0A.8070504@chandlerfamily.org.uk>:

> On 01/08/11 23:48, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:12:07 +0100, Alan wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 4E3716A7.8060608@chandlerfamily.org.uk>:
> >
> >> I have specified that I would like a picture of me to be presented
> >> at login.
> >>
> >> GDM does occasionally decide to show it, but more often or not it
> >> doesn't and I am represented by what looks like a white chess pawn.
> >>
> >> Any ideas what is going on here.
> >
> > ..could it be trying to express its opinion on your picture?
> > <...ducks 'n runs.>
> >
> Thats EXACTLY what it feels like is happening - which is  why I
> expressed it the way I did.  The question is, how can I coerce GDM3
> into being a bit more respectful.

..you're getting too much inspiration from Norwegian rose marches,
totalitarian rule does have its place; as root, "aptitude purge \
gdm3 &&aptitude install kdm &&/etc/init.d/kdm start" is but one
way to put disobedient twin hair display managers in their proper
places. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: