Re: S-Video on Debian

On Sun 31 Jul 2011 at 14:58:04 -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> I have an S-Video cable which I'd like to connect to a TV. It works on
> a friends laptop with Windows. On Debian I have:
>
> xserver-xorg 1:7.6+7
> xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.15.0-3
> KDE 4.6.2
>
> When I connect an S-Video cable to the television, I am able to see
> the settings on the KDE Display Applet, and can configure it. However,
> no output manages to get through to the television.

This is what I do.

1. xrandr -q
   The relevant lines in the output are:
   S-video disconnected 800x600+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
   800x600        72.2*

2. xrandr --addmode S-video 800x600

3. xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600 --crtc 1

4. xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1

xvattr is to needed to send the image to the TV. It may be obtained from
the Debian Multimedia archive.