Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1449, resp. Re: restoring MBR and 2.6.39-amd64 lvm-based root: fails to boot

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:28:22 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Very important is "overnight cron jobs"! From time to time I backup my
> MBR manually, btw. also using dd and adding the date to the file name,
> but before I restore an MBR from an backup I try to see how software
> guess the partition table should be restored.

"Overnight cron jobs" do not apply when using a Windows machine and no
other OS on it... well, it could be "overnight task scheduler jobs" :-)

> Since this list allows HTML,

No, it doesn't >:-)

> we should use it,

(...)

No, please, avoid using HTML in this mailing list, it's barely readable.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón