Re: KDE4.4 desktop customization for multiple users.

I thought that would be to copy the .kde directory to another user...I thought that is where all of the user-specific KDE config files lived...

Am I wrong here? I didn't think so, as when parts of my desktop get broken, I can do surgery in that directory structure (or at worst case, delete the entire .kde tree and start over)

You should be able to copy .kde to /etc/skel, but that is all you should need for the configs. It almost doesn't seem worth it, since Debian comes with some relatively sane defaults, and each user will be able to change the configs anyway...Why not let them change it from default?

If you are looking to make the files immutable to the user, perhaps John's Kiosk mode suggestion may work better...?

--b