KDE: Flashing battery icon

Hi list,

since I installed the current Debian testing on my laptop (I used Kubuntu
10.10 before), the battery applet in the systray is behaving weird when both
battery and AC are plugged in: Every 19 seconds (the frequency is quite
stable), the icon flashes from "battery and AC" to "no battery available" and
back. Immediately after plugging AC back in, it flashes back and forth between
those states for around five seconds, before "calming down" and starting its
normal rhythm again.

IIRC, Kubuntu 10.10 still used HAL which is no longer installed, so the issue
might be caused by upower - but before reporting a bug, I'd like to check back
here if someone experiences a similar issue or maybe there are ways to debug
the problem.

Kind regards,
Ralf