Spam policy in Debian Mailing Lists

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 09:18:07PM +1000, Jimmy James wrote:
> How is your post *not* responding to spam? (polite question)

I'm responding to you, not to spam message, to tell you that you
shouldn't respond to spam too.

> > you'll achieve nothing but Debian Mailing Lists'
> > archives pollution.
>
> Not stopping spam in the first place is what pollutes the archives.

To stop spam, you should nominate it for removal from archives and, if
you can, write SpamAssassin rule to filter that particular kind of spam
in future. No replies, nothing - just ignore it.

> > Better bounce (as in mutt) spam message to
> > report-listspam@lists.debian.org thus nominating messages for review and
> > removal from archieves.
> >

> Which is different from going to:-
> and clicking on the "Report Spam" button how?? (also polite question)
>
> ie. both methods achieve the same thing in getting the original post
> removed from the archives.

Yes, no difference - I just prefer bouncing so I advised it.

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35  4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81