Re: Liver Cancer Coast Magazine Issue 316 Out Now

On 28/07/11 20:55, Alexander Batischev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Never respond to spam,

How is your post *not* responding to spam? (polite question)

> you'll achieve nothing but Debian Mailing Lists'
> archives pollution.

Not stopping spam in the first place is what pollutes the archives.

> Better bounce (as in mutt) spam message to
> report-listspam@lists.debian.org thus nominating messages for review and
> removal from archieves.

Which is different from going to:-
and clicking on the "Report Spam" button how?? (also polite question)

ie. both methods achieve the same thing in getting the original post
removed from the archives.

I modified the advertised sites url in my response - they got no
backlinks from it. And they don't care if it's archived, the gmane and
google groups copies and a dozen other live on forever.

The company that benefited, sent, and commissioned the spam, are all
owned and run by the same person, and are all based in Australia.
It's a jailable offence to spam - report them to ACMA, not doing so just
encourages them. Ditto with reporting them to Google.

While I'm sure it's not your intention to encourage and nourish spammers
- it is exactly what you are doing when you don't do those things. (and
responding to the spam is not necessary, reporting it is).

Regards