Re: help to choose right printer to buy

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:17:41 +0200, Siard wrote:

> You can see that the HL-2270DW, too, works 'perfectly' in Linux:
> www.openprinting.org/printer/Brother/Brother-HL-2270DW

Yes, I've seen this as I already said in one of my posts. It's not clear
from that information what distro and what version of it.

Things change. The driver provided by Brother from the other hand is one
year old.

> AFAICS, its ppd is not (yet) contained in Debian by default, but you can
> download it from the above page and install it equally easy using the
> Cups interface ( http://localhost:631/ ).

Well, I do not know if you tried to download it using that link. I've
been trying for 2 days know with one result:"Server Error", and no
download.

And as you said ppd file for this specific printer is not in .deb package.