Re: Best practices for current Chrome/Chromium and/or Firefox/Icewasel in squeeze?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:05:47 -0400, Dr. Ed Morbius <dredmorbius@gmail.com> wrote:

I've recently been made aware of some of the benefits of the Chrome /
Chromium and Firefox.

Running Squeeze, the most recent Chromium release is from May 13, and
Firefox 5 isn't available either.

I'd like to manage either / both from my package repos, but be
reasonably current.

What's best practices?  Method or pointer to docs appreciated.

Thanks.

Never used Chrome, but found this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1351541 As for Firefox, I've always just downloaded the tarballs from here ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases, install them to /opt and make symlinks to /usr/local/bin However, there is a PPA for Ubuntu builds of Firefox. I haven't used them, but I don't see why they wouldn't also work for Debian. Yes I understand it is not good practice, but it might make your life easier for upgrades.
Stable - https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam
Daily - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily

HTH,
Mike