Re: ssh: no route to host

Le 15177ième jour après Epoch,
Camaleón écrivait:

> "No route to host" usually means "I cannot see the machine at all" and "I
> cannot see the machine at all" usually involves:
>
> a) SSH service is not running on the client
> b) IP of the client is unreachable

I don't agree with that.

No route to host means: "I or some other router on the road can't find
the hardware associated with the IP given, or the way to reach it".

The reasons are often:

1) machine is power off/unplugged/whatever that involves ARP resolution.
2) the routes (default or other) are pointing to a wrong interface.

Please, OP, could you post the result of the "route" or "ip route"
command on the originating machine and the router?

And what kind of router is it?

Try also to send a ping from the destination machine to the
ssh-originating one, and then ssh it again, to see if it changes
something.

Anyway, sending us the results of "ifconfig" on each peer is also a good
idea.

HTH.