[OT] BIOS Power On by PS/2 Keyboard

Hi,

Since about 6 months I have an Asus M4N98TD EVO mobo. Very satisfied with it.

It has a feature on its BIOS that got me stumped.

BIOS has a Power Menu that has a submenu of APM configuration.

APM configuration has an item "Power On by PS/2 Keyboard" that I had set to "space bar". But I was getting errors on my keyboard. So I bought a new keyboard, which had exactly the same errors, so the problem was not the keyboard.

So I disabled that feature.

Now what has me stumped is that even though "Power on by PS/2 Keyboard" is disabled, I can still power on the system by hitting the space bar twice. And it seems that the keyboard errors have disappeared.

Anyone venture an explanation?

Thanks.

Hugo