Re: bind does not want to die (squeeze)

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:13:07 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>> It is a bad initscript.  If bind does not answer for whatever reason, it
>> gets in an endless loop.
>
> You mean is a reported/unsolved bug? :-?
>
> Greetings,

Have you been modifying your init scripts?

I've had some interesting issues lately with tools that someone
insisted on running DNS based services with a hand-installed
"daemontools", and integrating support for that became adventuresome.

Take a look at starting and restarting your DNS services by hand. If
you used the Debian published packages, which I'd urge you to stick
with, you should be able to to "/etc/init.d/bind9 restart" and see
what happens.