Re: Can not startx anymore after the laptop was forced to turn off

Here is the result. I installed the nvidia-kernel-dkms and nvidia-glx
package, changed the entry from "nouveau" to "nvidia", and run startx
again. The nvidia LOGO showed and disappeared, still the black screen
is what i get. what else can i do, remove the xorg and install it
again?

any suggestion? thanks