[solved] VLC audio fails

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 19:58 -0400, Burhan Hanoglu wrote:
> Have you removed Jack? If not, stop or remove it and try VLC with ALSA again.

Hi Burhan,

spinymouse@debian:~$ pidof jackd
spinymouse@debian:~$

Definitively jackd isn't running anymore.

If I play an audio file, VLC is ok using ALSA.
If I play a video file ... VLC is ok again *?* :D.

I only wrote emails, no reboot, no editing and now VLC is ok again.

Hehehe, did need jackd several hours to be killed? Voodoo?

I'm not kidding, I copied the error message, now everything works again.

Next time I'll check if jackd really is killed. I hope there will be no
´next time´.

Thanks,

Ralf