Re: Debian on x86.

S, stayvoid stayvoid piše:
My processor is x86.

Which one should I download?
http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/debian-installer/

My OS is Windows XP and I need to make a backup of my data, but I also
want to use this data in the future (on Debian). Could you recommend
me something? Are there any software solutions (not just copy and
paste)? Windows-based ntbackup is not working in that way.

Hi,

 if your processor is 32-bit then use the i386 ones, if it's 64-bit(x86_64) use amd64, I personally recommend the netinst one (as long as you have decent network connection, which I am assuming you do)
32bit: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.2.1/i386/iso-cd/debian-6.0.2.1-i386-netinst.iso
64bit http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.2.1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-6.0.2.1-amd64-netinst.iso

About the backup, well you could use archive software like WinZip to make archives and then just extract them under Linux.

Cheers,

Dejan