Re: ssh: no route to host

Walter Hurry wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:05:24 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

my home network consist of a desktop and a laptop connected to a router
that goes to the internet. The firewall is on the router.

Every so often when I connect from the desktop to the laptop with ssh, I
get:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.194 port 22: No route to host

The way I get aound that is to power off the laptop and reboot it

That seems a dumb way to do it.

How is that resolved without rebooting?

Are you using DHCP? Next time it happens, go to the laptop and look at what ifconfig has to say before you reboot it.

Looked at ifconfig and it looked the same as when I can ssh.
Still he only way I can "fix" this is by powering off/on.

Hugo