Re: Computer Freezes - how to find out what happened?

On 20/07/11 10:07, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Question, when freezes happen, were you away from the keyboard and mouse
for a while?  If so, the screen-saver program needs the delay time
increased so it takes longer to turn on.  I don't know how to exit
screen-saver mode and bring a computer back to life in X yet.  If orca
is used it's recommended to disable the screen-saver entirely.

It is not screensaver related. It was the first thing I thought of and disabled the screensaver.

A few minutes ago it locked whilst I was moving the mouse.

I don't think it is heat related either. I have a temperature gauge on my computer case and a sensor mounted in the centre of the fan on top of the CPU. In the old computer it ran at about 30degC this is currently showing at around 28degC.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk