Re: Does Debian 6.0.2.1 for amd64 work properly ?

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 18:04, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears than any dvd
> writing program that relies on 64 bit mencoder will produce bad sound.
>  People have many bad things to say about the code inside mencoder and
> they say it is a lost cause, nobody trying too hard to fix. That seems
> to mean you should not try devede or 2mandvd to write video dvd.

I run a Sid64 on a desktop and have bumped into devede trouble after a
safe-upgrade; however, searching around lead me to downgrading this or
that package (spumux, mencoder, whatever, can't really remember) and i
was able to record DVDs as usual.

HTH,
Nuno

PS: by the way, there's an amd64@ list.

--
"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."