Re: kernel compile error in wheezy

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:35:00 -0400 (EDT), Frank Miles wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> I'm guessing that elks-libc is what is needed.  Is that package installed
>> on your system?
>
> No, it's not installed.  Sure seems strange, requiring a 16-bit library
> for the build of a 64-bit system.  I have stdarg.h from gcc versions 4.3,
> 4.4, and 4.6, and libstdc++ of the same versions.  But it would be an
> easy solution, so... (installing,.. retrying...):
>  	-> still fails :(

Hmm.  Well, I'm not sure what to suggest.  It's obviously something strange
in your environment, since many others have been able to successfully compile
the kernel.  You might try deleting the kernel source code directory and
unpack the tar file again.  Maybe something got hosed up somehow.  The only
other thing I might suggest is to delete older versions of the C compiler
and libraries until you have only the newest one or until you find an
installed package that requires an older library.  Then try again.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :