Re: Virtually installing a virtual package?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:55:32 +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> Keeping it short, i want to install zabbix-frontend-php, which depends
> on apache; or httpd. I installed nginx from source (and used
> checkinstall a while back i think so) it's listed in the installed
> packages but it didn't provide httpd. I can't install httpd because it's
> a virtual package.
>
> So, how can i manually mark httpd as installed?

Mmm... if you know what you are doing and you know that zabbix will work,
why not installing the package by instructing apt-get/aptitude to do not
care about dependecies just in this case?

There has to be a switch for that or maybe a better way to achieve it
without needing to lie the whole apt database about apache real status :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón