Re: Why has kismet different GUI between amd64 and i386?

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:18:52 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> I am just wondering, why kismet (the famous wireless sniffer) has got a
> different surface between 64-bit (Acer notebook) and 32-bit (EEEPC).

I don't see any good reason to deliver two different UI for the same
program regardless of the packaging architecture :-?

> I checked, on both systems the configs are identically. There are no
> user- specific configurations existent. Both kismet versions are started
> as root.

(...)

Are you sure that both files located at "~/.kismet/kismet_ui.conf" or "/
etc/kismet/kismet_ui.conf" look the same?

Besides, I would check if you have the same plugins in both
installations...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón