Re: Safest way to upgrade Sid after long interval?

> Has anyone any experience of doing something like this? Best way to go
> about things?
>
> Anthony

I made best experience with apt-get upgrade, then after it, apt-get dist-
upgrade.

This worked better than the alternative: aptitude safe-upgrade after it
aptitude full-upgrade. However for short or long I suggest to change to
aptitude, as the dependencies are better made.

Your upgrade should not get into much trouble, but I want to point you, very
carefully to look, what will be deinstalled.

If everything is working well, You can clear everything with apt-get
autoremove and at last using orphaner.

Good luck!

Hans