Re: Flash in 64-bit environment - Solved

On 14/07/11 11:45, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-07-14 12:14 +0200, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

I have no strong objection to running genuine firefox, but on starting
it, it returns
/usr/local/firefox/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Of course I know it's there, in /lib, so why doesn't firefox?

Presumably because it's a 32-bit program.  Mozilla still does not
advertise 64-bit firefox versions a lot, but you can download them from
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/5.0.1/linux-x86_64/.

Ah, excellent; that works. Thank you Sven. That's one step forward :)

... And I've got Flash back; Another large step forward.

Now to uninstall iceweasel.  Sorry, Debian, but the real thing just works!

Thanks to all who've helped with this.
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |