Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:03:34 -0400, shawn wilson wrote:

(please, avoid using html, is quite complex to read your e-mails ;-()

> On Jul 12, 2011 2:05 PM, "Camaleón" <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Wouldn't that be PCIE? unless there is some shiny bleedingly bleeding
>> > edge technology that I don't know of...
>>
>> Thunderbolt/Light Peak? O:-)
>>

> Humm, not really. I think if you look at the spec, you'll find the max
> bandwidth if tb < pci-e x16. I think of this stuff as different layers
> like OSI but I don't really name mine - its more conceptual or maybe a
> tree like lsusb shows.

Thunderbolt spec is capable of 100 Gbit/s (bi-directionally) and todays
implementation (copper based circuits that can seep up to 10 Gbit/s) can
compete with PCie v2 (x8). Also, photonic -fiber- has additional
advantadges over electronic components ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón