Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

> > > I agree with the other posters - buy a new burner.

+1

> > Tiger has an IDE 2-port card for $14.95. That's cheaper than buying
> > a couple of DVD burners, if you have them already.

How many of the old PCI slots the new mobo has got?
If it should have enough old PCI slots, will such a card work correctly
with every chipset? E.g. will the burner become bootable with all mobos?

What do you think is the livespan of the old IDE burner?

Even if you get a board with one primary IDE connector you can run into
issues.

Buy a new burner.

> Want to build new Debian PC.

For what usage? You should take care of other possible issues.
How many PCI/PCIe slots do you need?

For example, my machine is a digital audio workstation.
There are a lot of USB audio devices on the market,
but USB will cause jitter, hence I need PCI/PCIe slots.

You might wish to use a fax card or what ever.