Re: need help with Iceweasel.

On 13/07/11 21:01, Dejan Ribič wrote:
> Dne 13.7.2011 4:17, piše Juan R. de Silva:
>> I found on wiki.debian.org reference to Debian Mozilla Team and
>> installed Iceweasel 5.0 from them.
>>
>> I used it until started getting "package not found" errors. On
>> their web site I found, all packages offered until recently gone.
>> Some packages for lower versions still offered. However neither of
>> them are actually available if you run apt-get. No
>> announces/explanations.
>>
>> I've removed their package and downgraded to stable Iceweasel
>> 3.5.16, which unfortunately does not support 2 Firefox Add-ons of
>> vital importance for me.

You can run most extensions with a little judicious hacking - just
change the version check line in the extension - or install the
extension developer (nightly test?) extension

>> I'd love to use Iceweasel but badly need version 4 or higher. Is
>> there any reliable solution for this?
>>
>> Another question... Is Debian Mozilla Team officially associated
>> with Debian.org?

Yes - it's more like one person than a team though.

>> I would be surprised if the answer is "yes".  The sense of
>> responsibility of whoever is behind of this name is just way below
>> the zero.
>>

> Hi,
>
> can you post the /etc/apt/sources.list content( just the part about
> mozilla.debian.net), because they recently changed the repo a little,
> I mean all packages are still there just in different folder, thats
> probably why apt(aptitude) doesn't find it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan

This might help:-

===================/etc/apt/sources.list===============================
# wget -O- -q http://mozilla.debian.net/archive.asc | gpg --import
deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-release

# enable for icedove
# apt-get install -t squeeze-backports icedove
#deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main

I run Iceweasel 5.0, Icedove 3.1.1 on my Squeeze boxes

NOTE: you don't say which Debian release you are running.

Cheers

--
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love."
~ Bill Hicks