Re: capslock/numlock keys behavior sometimes reversed

Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> writes:

> It's been a while (years!) that I sometimes find my keyboard's
> capslock/numlock keys behaving reversed at times.  This is often the
> case after: wackup-from-/any/, using qemu or as the result of
> unidentified operations.
>
> Does anyone here know how to get rid of this?  Avoid it, restore the
> proper keys behavior, etc.

What exactly means "reversed"?

Getting a keyboard to work right can be a non-trivial
task. /etc/default/keyboard is /the/ place to start at, then there's
/etc/X11/xorg.conf, loadkeys, xmodmap, xset and, IIRC, xinput ...

There's also a package the name of which I don't remember
(console-setup?) you may want to run dpkg-reconfigure on.

--
html messages are obsolete