Re: gnome-mplayer does not play videos in the correct aspect ratio

El 2011-07-11 a las 16:26 -0400, Eden escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

> > > I have tried it in the terminal as you can see from my terminal output:
> > > eltume@G41M-ES2l:~$ mplayer -vo gl /home/eltume/Videos/Super (2010).avi
> > > bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('.
> >
> > I'm afraid you need to enclose the file in quotes:
> >
> > mplayer -vo gl "/home/eltume/Videos/Super (2010).avi"
> >
> > > I've tried chaning the aspect ratio. I will try using mplayer and not
> > > gnome-mplayer to play the video.
> >
> > Yep, in the end it's mplayer that makes all the hard job :-)

> When I play via mplayer the resolution is perfect. It completely fullscreen.
> The playback on the other hand is terrible. It freezes and goes in slow
> motion. So is there a way I can get the resolution and playback to work in
> gnome-mplayer?

Mmmm, couldn't be that gnome-mplayer detects that the current resolution
can cause errors in playback and automatically switches into a more
sensible one to prevent the video slowness?

In addition, have you tried by running gnome-mplayer from console with
"-v" (verbose) switch?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón