Re: mlocate db update disabled

On 12/07/11 06:07, T o n g wrote:

Hmm, OK I think I have found the problem. The problematic box is actually
a laptop, which I seldom leave running overnight. When do jobs under /etc/
cron.daily/ run? and what will happen if I miss the time (box suspended
at that time)?

Jobs under cron.daily run at 06:25 each morning. If you're running a normal cron, as opposed to anacron, and the box isn't running at that time - the job will not run. Anacron will play "catch-up" with any jobs that were scheduled to run while the system was down.

--
Dom