Re: mlocate db update disabled

[converted top post back to normal]

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:10:03 +0200, Juan Sierra Pons wrote:

>>> Are you sure it's even installed? I noticed on a few Ubuntu installs
>>> that it wasn't.
>> I believe so -- the mlocate command is there, just isn't able to find
>> files that've been there (for at least a week).

> Check anacron jobs.
>
> /etc/cron.daily/*

Things are getting more and more interesting now. Yes, I do have the

 /etc/cron.daily/mlocate

file on the problematic box, whose content is exactly the same as that on
my working box. And the cron on the problematic box is running:

 root      1298     1  0 10:35 ?        00:00:00 cron

Any more ideas?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)