Playing .ra files in Firefox

I used to be able to play .ra files, but not any more. I have nphelix.so and nphelix.xpt in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ but clicking on a link to a .ra file has lately resulted in a blank screen and complete silence. Not very useful. I located a copy of RealPlayer11GOLD.bin and installed it according to the instructions. The installer asked where I wanted the program installed and I took the default and let it run. I now have soft links in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ to nphelix.so and nphelix.xpt, so the new player and plugin is installed. Now, however, when I click on the same link as before, a popup appears which says:

	A general error has occurred. (file:///tmp/0102-1.ra)
	(About as useful and a blank screen and silence.)

Is there any way to get RealPlayer to work? Or is there any other way to play RealAudio files?

Marc