Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

On Jul 11, 2011 3:30 PM, "William Hopkins" <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't get me started on not being able to find small HDDs anymore :P

I've got some 40 meg hdd's on my shelf (think they're SCSI). I'll send you one if you pay up front. I think they're about 8 lbs :)

But seriously, I've never had an issue with this. You can get a cf card or (possibly SD card) controller you can boot from or possibly a new usb card for that. However I've only done this once. In the industry, we use fc or iscsi hba cards that allow booting off of a san. And pxe works in a pinch (or for clients if you were smart about what and how you purchase).