Re: console screen

On 12/07/11 01:03, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> Hi,

>>> I found it on the Arch wiki a *very*long* time ago.

Relevant then (though I don't remember it ever being in Debian...) - not
relevant now.
There is a "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX" though, and you can create custom
variables.

>>> "info grub" lists these variables in one of its sections (there's a
>>> way of going straight to that section but I don't know it).

The built-in variables can be found with:-
$ grep "export GRUB_DEVICE" -A42 /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig

Searching info is, eg.:-
$ info grub --index-search term_you_look_for

<snipped>

> After editing the grub startup by removing the payload line I was able
> to boot and could then remove the payload line from the
> /etc/default/grub file. Oh yeah, and of cource do not forget update-grub
> to make it stick. :-)
>
> Bonno

The upstream developers have (for some time) extensive documentation.

Cheers

--
"I love talking about the Kennedy assasination.
The reason I do is because I'm fascinated by it.