Re: Apt says it's okay to remove chromium, but I use it

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:10:32 -0400, John Mollman wrote:

(...)

> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required:
>     chromium-inspector chromium libxss1
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed,
> 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> root@john:/home/john#

Mmm, "chromium-inspector" is only available under wheezy/sid so if you
are running wheezy, it is weird it wants you to "autoremove" it.

> So when I run "apt-get autoremove" it removes chromium (or
> chromium-browser, I think they changed the name of the package in
> wheezy, possibly). I use that as my browser, so I don't know why apt
> would be telling me. Is there a way I can lock this or tell apt I use
> that chromium package?

How did you install chromium?

"apt-get autoremove" is aimed to delete packages that has been
automatically pulled by dependencies so unless you got it as a "side
effect" when installing another package this looks not normal :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón