Two Sound Cards, I hope.

	I have a Dell Optiplex with the on-board sound chip set
which works fine but I wanted to also use an AWE64 Gold as a
second sound device. The AWE64 stole the show when I plugged it
in to the mother board and the on-board sound device
disappeared. If I try
asoundconf list, it shows only the S16 device and nothing else.

	I was hoping to end up with /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1 in
order to record two audio feeds at once.

	The AWE64 is plug and play so I may have to do something
to the on-board chip set to get it back as it is also useful for
the type of recording I am doing.

	I am somewhat lucky in that the AWE64 did come right up
and began producing proper audio on the next boot-up so getting
the on-board chip set is all that is lacking.

	I see from a few Google searches that others have had a
rougher time getting their AWE64s to work.

	Thanks for any suggestions. The on-board chips come
right back when the AWE64 is removed.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer