Re: Computer instability under Debian Stable

On 07/05/11 at 10:11pm, Adrian Levi wrote:
> On 5 July 2011 21:08, Selim T. Erdogan <selim@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
> > Just a thought: have you tried disabling setiathome?  (And also, did
> > you have the same setiathome version running on the Ubuntu that didn't
> > freeze?)
>
> Seti is a recent addition to that machine. It was locking up before I
> installed it.

I understand your logic but the log says setiathome was the process that
ultimately triggered the crash. Try disabling it and doing the vt1 trick again
(also look into the liveCD log-inspection suggestion, then you can pastebinit
and we can review the whole thing, possibly pass you to kernel team, stuff like
that)

--
Liam