Re: Start rtorrent on bootup in Squeeze

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 09:43:38 +0100, kuLa wrote:

> On 04/07/11 09:15, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>> script 'rtorrent' missing LSB tags and overrides insserv: There is a
>> loop
>
> this line should give you and indications what is wrong, if you don't
> read following file /etc/init.d/README

Thanks for your reply.

I know that an option is to write an init.d script that meets the LSB
requirements. But this seems very complicated to me and therefore I
wanted to know if somebody else uses rtorrent in a seedbox.

I accidentally found the option in the rtorrent.rc file to automatically
run some programs on screen startup by adding 'screen -t rtorrent
rtorrent' to the end of my ~/.rtorrent.rc (which is actually a copy of /
etc/screenrc).

Now when I start screen it puts me automatically into a rtorrent session.
Unfortunately screen doesn't start a (detached) session when the system
boots.

I will go for the hard way and create the script if there isn't anybody
who already has the solution to that ;-)

Cheers
Ramon