Re: cannot go back from nouveau to nv

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 03:56:34 -0400 (EDT), Paul Scott wrote:

> or that read-edid is broken?  ddcprobe seems to provide correct
> information for my ViewSonic VA703b.  read-edid does not.

By the way, have you noticed that nv (xserver-xorg-video-nv)
has been dropped from Wheezy (testing) now?  I'm still running it,
but I had to download the source code and compile my own version
from source.  That still works.  But I'm living on borrowed time.
I noticed build warnings that the driver is referring to deprecated
fields.  It's only a matter of time before I start to get FTBFS
errors.  And then, if the lack of support for interlaced modes
has not been addressed in nouveau, I will have to get rid of my
monitor.  (My monitor requires an interlaced mode.  That's why
I still use nv.)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :