Re: Can't run apps as root in KDE

--- On Sat, 7/2/11, Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Also the output, if any, of:- $ dpkg
> --get-selections sudo
> >
> > $ dpkg --get-selections sudo No packages found
> matching sudo
> >

> And yet you say it "was" originally enabled... (?) :-/

Yes, it was working a while ago in squeeze and it's working now in wheezy, which I just upgraded to. In both cases sudo wasn't/isn't installed.

## Running wheezy now
$ uname -a
Linux textbox 2.6.39-2-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jun 8 11:01:04 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ dpkg --get-selections sudo
No packages found matching sudo.

> If I type konqueror into it - a drop-down list appears with
> konqueror in
> it - on the right-hand side of it is the wrench icon you
> refer to.
> http://ge.tt/9pOmkd5/v

I see drop-down list, I see konqueror but the "wrench" is still not there for me, even on wheezy. Weird.

> Regrettably I don't have time to pursue this at present.
> Some suggestions (shooting in the dark):-

I got it partially working so it's no longer critical, though ideally I'd like to find out what happened to my "wrench" in Alt+F2.

Thanks for your help.